A life-changing story to tell
Early one Sunday morning, just after sunrise, a group of grieving women stumbled along a path to a tomb. Their grief was even greater than normal for it was mixed with disappointment and confusion. Hadn’t Jesus proved he was God? Then how could he die? How could his mission end in the failure of death? Such a humiliating death. Everyone turned against him even most of his friends. How could the immortal die? How could the light of the world, descend into darkness?
Such must have been some of their questions.
If Jesus just died for us, no matter how self-sacrificial and undeserved that death was, then he achieved nothing. There is no story to tell.
However, when the women arrived at the tomb they found the huge entrance stone rolled aside and the body missing. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in dazzling clothing appeared and said, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here, he is risen! Remember how he told you â€¦the son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.” (Luke 24).
Now that is a STORY above all others. It is because Jesus rose from the dead, that we have a story to tell. Not just a story but THE STORY. All history points forward or back to the death and resurrection of Jesus. History is HIS STORY. It is this story that makes sense of all pain, grief, joy, love – this is the only story that brings eternal hope.
I hope you will join me in telling it to others.
So welcome to this site. It is designed for you. You might be one of three main kinds of people:
- Not yet a follower of Jesus but wanting to find out more about his story. The Bible overview set might be the best place to start. Listen to each of the stories and you can ask questions either directly at the bottom of the videos or by direct contact. Any questions are most welcome. Please feel free to download the stories and pass them on to friends or direct them to the site so they can listen in.
- Someone who wants to start learning stories. Listening to the first of the Bible overview set and then the training video on how to prepare a story might be the best place to start. You may also like to join our Facebook group, ‘Storying the Scriptures’. This is a closed group so please ask permission to join. As you begin to gain experience please write and tell us short stories of your experiences. We want to encourage others through this site too.
- More experienced storytellers might find it helpful to listen to any of the videos or use the links to other storying sites. We would value your suggestions on our Facebook group. Hopefully you’ll have ideas or questions that lead to an online discussion. We want to know what struggles or challenges you face sharing about Jesus in your context.
On this site we will try to gather:
- Resources – please write to us via the contact page or join the Facebook discussion. We’d love to know about other resources that we can link to this site.
- Videos (or audio) – please feel free to tell us about videos you have made of you telling Bible stories or anyone you know. They can be in any language and you could add subtitles if you want. We will also start to add short training videos.
- World Stories – please tell us about your experiences using storytelling anywhere in the world. You can submit in any language but we’d love an English translation too.